With the mushroom kit you can grow gourmet, organic oyster mushrooms right out of the box in just 10 days! Just open the box, mist with water, and harvest 10 days later. The Mushroom Farm lasts for months in the box unopened, making a great gift item for kids, families, foodies & chefs! Your Aquafarm brings the garden inside with a self-cleaning fish tank that grows food! The Water Garden (formerly the Aqua Farm) creates a closed-loop ecosystem—the fish feed the plants and plants clean the water!
- Package contains 1 AquaFarm and 1 Mushroom Farm
- The AquaFarm combines a 3-gallon fish tank with a vegetable and herb grow bed into one closed-loop system that fits easily on any kitchen counter. The waste from the fish provides nutrients for the plants, and the plants clean the water for the fish!
- Self-cleaning fish tank that grows food
- The MUSHROOM GARDEN by Back to the Roots is quickest and easiest way to grow fresh, gourmet food at home. Just open the box, cut the plastic and mist twice a day with water (mister is included!).
- First crop in as little as 10 days; grows multiple crops
About Back to the Roots
In a college class, we learned mushrooms could grow entirely on spent coffee grounds. After watching hours of how-to videos and turning our fraternity kitchen into a big science experiment, we eventually decided to give up our corporate job offers to instead become full-time mushroom farmers. What started as curiosity about urban farming has turned into a passion to Undo Food™ and reconnect families back to where it comes from through fun and delicious ready to grow and ready to eat products.
And that passion to Undo Food is what took us from organic mushroom kits to stoneground breakfast cereal. Sometimes, we want to grow food ourselves, taste the absolute freshness, and show kids how mushrooms or herbs grow. And at the other times, we’re busy, running out the door, and we just want to eat something – like breakfast cereal – that’s already been cooked for us. But we believe the underlying trust, transparency, and consciousness shouldn’t change from the produce aisle to the grocery aisle, or from ready to grow toready to eat. We believe in a future where all food comes from the kitchen, not a lab; and where R&D teams aren’t biochemists, but our grandparents.