- Size: 3.2" H x 8" W x 8.5" D
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Antonio Rojas - crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product Info: Cedar wood
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you’re a happy customer.
About this item: By Antonio Rojas, this classic jewelry box takes the shape of a heart. He crafts the piece of cedar wood and covers it with hand-painted motifs reminiscent of a Victorian Valentine. Applications of gilt enhance the charming design.
- Features a crackled finish
About our Artist: Andean artisan Antonio Rojas lives his life amid wood. 'I'd describe my work as life itself, and my existence together with it,' he says. 'When I was only 17, I created my first piece and it was an immense satisfaction. Art guides my hands in that moment of pleasure as I begin a design. My pieces are inspired by the olden times and reflect the style of vintage pieces. They transmit my love for life and for nature — its flowers, birds and all the rich flora and fauna of our country.'
Package Dimensions: 10.4 x 10.3 x 5.3 inches