Brand: Thirteen Chefs
- Featherweight Hinoki Cutting Board, Measures 14 x 9 x 1 Inch
- Made in Japan from Premium Hinoki from Famed Kiso Region
- Delicate on Knives and Highly Regarded by Sushi Chefs as Best Cutting Board for Knife Experts
- Hinoki is Naturally Anti-Bacterial and Inhibits Mold Growth
- Delightfully Fresh Aromatic Pine Smell (Same hinoki oil is prized by soaking spas)
Details: Small Hinoki Cutting Board - Made in Japan
For serious chefs and knife collectors, hinoki (Japanese Cypress) is regarded as the best wood for cutting boards. A softwood, hinoki is both gentle on knife edges and chef hands, as the wood provides natural give and flex when used for chopping.
Popular among sushi chefs, hinoki is also famous for its prized status as the wood of choice for building bath houses, spas and temples. Rich in organic compounds that naturally fight off mold and bacteria, hinoki is among nature's most durable of woods and can withstand the wettest of environments.
Kiso cutting boards are all FSC Certified and harvested from sustainably grown Japanese Cypress from managed forests. Our hinoki is also grown in Japan and not imported from China or other asian countries.
Note: Hinoki is best used with premium, high quality knives that are properly maintained. As a softwood, hard chopping or rocking with dull knives can damage the surface of the wood. Hinoki is also more prone to staining when exposed to acidic foods. By following the care instructions provided, hinoki can and will last for many years.
Package Dimensions: 14.0 x 10.0 x 1.1 inches