Color: Black Speckled
- 100% RECYCLED 5MM YOGA MAT: SugaMats are made entirely out of recycled surfing wetsuits. They are not only made from recycled materials, but also closed loop - fully recyclable at the end of their useful lives. Suga is also a proud member of 1% for the Planet, giving 1% of gross revenues to environmental non-profits.
- MADE IN THE USA: Unlike most mats which are made abroad, SugaMats are manufactured to the highest environmental and labor standards. They also have a lower carbon footprint by being made locally.
- GRIPPIER THAN CONVENTIONAL MATS: Due to their unique composition, SugaMats perform better than any mat on the market. We built the SugaMat to specific tolerances of density, tackiness, elasticity, durability, and liquid permeability and retention and are confident that you'll dig every asana on your SugaMat.
- CLOSED CELL FOAM: Unlike almost all other yoga mats, SugaMats are composed of closed-cell foam, so they don't sponge up dirt, dust & bacteria from yoga studio floors. This also makes them easy to clean.
- SIZE 72" x 25", WEIGHT 5lbs, THICKNESS 5MM: Provides crucial cushioning for those high-compression asanas (like side crow/parshva bakasana or hands-free lotus headstand/mukta hasta shirshasana).
Details: The SugaMat is a closed-cell 5mm yoga mat, made in the USA entirely out of recycled wetsuits. It was engineered from scratch to provide dense cushioning with increased grippiness for superior performance.
The SugaMat is unquestionably the most environmentally-friendly yoga mat on the market. It is net-zero, in that it actually takes a substance that would otherwise end up in landfills (wetsuits) and transforms them into a closed-loop product. It is closed-loop because every SugaMat is entirely recyclable (by Suga) at the end of its useful life.
SugaMats are proudly manufactured in the USA, to the highest labor and environmental standards. This also gives our mats a low carbon footprint, since they don't have to be shipped from overseas.
Suga manufactures premium quality yoga mats in the USA from 100% recycled wetsuits. The name Suga evokes the two worlds it straddles: Surfing and Yoga. Suga was born out of necessity by a lifelong surfer and yogi who sought a solution to an enduring problem. While surfers enjoy a unique bond with the natural environment, we struggle to reduce our environmental footprint. Non-biodegradable neoprene wetsuits present a unique challenge in this regard. Suga worked extensively with engineering experts to recycle these petrochemical based landfill clogging neoprene monsters into highly functional instruments of yogic bliss.
Suga is grounded in environmental stewardship. We seek to set an example of corporate sustainability and social responsibility. We engender these values by reducing the impact of neoprene wetsuits on our natural environment, creating a long-lasting product, and maintaining responsibility for the lifecycle of our products.
Suga has created a product using recycled materials that can be recycled by us at the end of its useful life. We are also a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
Package Dimensions: 25.0 x 4.0 x 4.0 inches